Youth Outreach Worker Program
Super YOW Council
Who are they?
Super Youth Outreach Workers (YOW) are a group of 4-10 high school students that sit on the Student Health Advisory Board, who work with the School Health Programs to promote safe, healthy and affirming school environments for students across the district. Super YOWs come from different high school. Their mission is to bring awareness and educate others of the health disparities of tobacco use through the Public Service Announcement contest and peer presentations.
Super YOWs will:
- be the student voice of SFUSD School Health Programs
- meet twice a month after school
- receive anti-oppression and leadership training
- plan district-wide events
Super YOWs participate in two main projects:
- SFUSD Public Service Announcement contest (Middle and High School)
- Youth Outreach Worker End of the Year Celebration
Please complete this google application form. We will follow up with information session and interview dates.